She has more than 20 years of experience representing national and regional banks in a broad range of commercial and consumer lending transactions with a focus on real estate. Jen’s practice encompasses a wide variety of government related matters including representation of clients before state and federal legislative bodies and regulatory agencies; representing public and private sector clients on land use, regulatory, and development issues; government permitting, licensing, and contracting; condemnation matters and drafting legislation and regulations for both government and non-government entities. She also has experience counseling financial institutions on key sustainability and ESG issues specific to its affects on the real estate sector, including green buildings and leases, green financing and impact investment, reporting and disclosure requirements, compliance with regulations, community, climate change and environmental planning.
Jen regularly assists clients in navigating a wide range of zoning and land use issues under local and state regulatory law and offers practical counsel for such matters and disputes. In her work representing clients before various local governing bodies, she breaks down highly technical into easy to understand explanations. This allows her to efficiently advocate for her clients and ultimately gain elected officials support of the proposal. She is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts throughout the State of Georgia.
In her pro bono work, Jen assists a variety of clients in landlord/tenant disputes and domestic violence cases through the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation. She also assists nonprofit organizations with land use and zoning matters through the Atlanta Pro Bono Partnership.
Jen graduated from Georgia State University (B.A.) and Mercer University College of Law (J.D.)
Professional and Community Involvement
- State Bar of Georgia, Judicial Committee
- American Bar Association, Administrative Law Practice Group
- State Bar of Georgia, Administrative Law & Local Government Law Sections
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Member, Mercer Alumni Association
- Member, Georgia State University Alumni Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Buckhead Church
- Junior League of Atlanta, Sustainer Board of Directors
- Georgia CASA, Board of Directors
- Cherokee Town & Country Club, Second Vice President, Cherokee Women’s Tennis Association
- Member, Tuxedo Park Civic Association Board or Directors
- Atlanta Speech School, Kenan Preschool President of Parents’ Council
- Atlanta Speech School Guild Board of Directors, Advisor
- Sea Island River Club Board of Directors