Melaina sits in the firm’s Miami office. Melaina is an experienced litigator and transactional lawyer for financial institutions with a focus on aviation and maritime financing and related litigation, custom lending, asset based lending, commercial lending, real estate transactions, SBA transactions, SBA creditor’s rights and creditor’s rights. She represents national and regional banks, specialty lenders and other financial institutions in a wide variety of financing transactions. Melaina regularly leads large dollar, multistate real estate portfolio transactions. She also specializes in maritime and aviation law and has experience financing all types of real property, boats, planes and other assets. In addition, Melaina has extensive experience representing banks and lenders in large loan work outs and complex restructuring matters, including settlements, confession of judgment, foreclosures, note sales and commercial litigation.
EXPERIENCE AND HIGHLIGHTS
- Representation of agent bank in asset-based syndicated revolving credit facility secured by thirteen retail centers in multiple states.
- Regular counsel to various national lenders in connection with consummation and administration of real estate construction, term mezzanine and revolving loans, secured by properties located in Texas and other areas of the country.
- Counsel to national bank, as agent for itself and other lenders, in regard to syndicated revolving and term loan facilities for a REIT secured by office properties in numerous jurisdictions.
- Regular counsel to banks in regard to syndicated construction financing of high-rise multi-family rental properties.
- Representation of agent bank in financing the repositioning and tenant improvements for a downtown multistory shopping center, consisting of both ground lease and fee owned parcels subject to mixed-use condominium regime.
- Representation of agent bank in construction loan to convert two downtown towers from office to residential use
- Representation of agent bank in construction facility for major tenant retrofit with multilayer ground lease, prime lease and sub-lease structure.
Melaina graduated from University of Maryland with Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts Degrees. Thereafter, she graduated from University of Maryland School of Law with her Juris Doctor. Melaina is admitted to practice in the States of Texas, Florida, Maryland and District of Columbia. She is also admitted to practice in all United States District Courts in the States of Texas, Florida, Maryland and District of Columbia.return to Lawyers