Whether structuring a transaction or engaged in litigation, our banking clients demand results. You can count on responsive, comprehensive legal support in all forms of disputes, including complex and high-stakes litigation, as well as knowledgeable guidance when negotiating transactions. From litigation avoidance to the strategic resolution of claims in state and federal courts, administrative and regulatory proceedings, and all forms of alternative dispute resolution, our attorneys have the experience and insight to protect and advance your goals. We don’t view cases in a vacuum, and we never litigate for litigation’s sake. We are accomplished advocates in a courtroom, but when avoiding a trial will produce a better result, our attorneys have the experience and confidence to create the most favorable process and outcome for you.
Stark’s long history of representation of financial institutions has prepared the firm well to stand with its clients in meeting multi-faceted and unprecedented challenges. Because we understand the business, our attorneys are called upon by financial institutions to meet these challenges.
Below is a sampling of the broad array of claims that our financial institution clients face, simply as a result of their day-to-day business activities:
- Contract disputes.
- Confessions of Judgment.
- Loan workout, receivership and lender liability actions.
- Disputes under Articles 3, 4 and 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code, including fraudulent endorsements and fictitious payees.
- Failed asset securitizations and defaulted syndicated loans.
- Intercreditor disputes, including issues relating to the perfection and priority of security interests and the interpretation of lien or payment subordination agreements.
- Responding to breach of privacy claims by bank customers.
- Conversion claims relating to consumer and commercial deposit accounts, and application of National Automated Clearinghouse Association rules and regulations.